Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The gun is smokin, it's really smokin


...come in spies and blink your eyes I say this gun is smokin

Quickly, some key excerpts from the "transcript" (not a diplomatic-phonetic transcription but clearly pretty well done) of the Trump-Zelensky phone conversation of 25 July, with comments from me:

Zelenskyy (apparently that's how his name is spelled on his passport) has clearly been briefed on how Trump likes to be talked to.


Nice little country you got here...

In fact you kind of owe it to us, don't you? Shame you're not a little more "reciprocal" (Trump loves that word so much), if you know what I mean.


A smart president like you, Mr. Trump, would be out there enforcing sanctions on Russia, not like those little bitches Macron and Merkel. Also we'd like to spend more money (what money? yes, that money) defending ourselves from Russia and we'd love to spend it in America.


Trump wants Zelenskyy to "do us a favor". Please put me in your debt. "It's very important that you do it if that's possible."


Talk to my consigliere, a "highly respected man". And the "other thing"...


"Highly respected man" lol. Isn't that a direct quote from the Godfather series? But the implication is clear enough for me if I'm on the jury. Talk to my consigliere, let's not do this on the phone, about the favor I'd like to do for you in return, if circumstances permit me to...

No comments:

Post a Comment