Friday, September 27, 2013

Adventures in marketing

I do not think "Honey  by Marc Jacobs" is a good name for a perfume, unless it smells like honey, in which case it is a good name, but not a good idea. It will attract ants, and possibly bears and honey badgers. Also, the container makes me think of Hello Kitty.
An "artisanal egg sandwich" would be one assembled by artisans, a kind of folk sculpture if you know what I mean, in which the ingredients took second place to the totality; or perhaps one made with an artisanal egg, an idea I would prefer not to contemplate. Whereas what they surely meant to focus on was the (bogus) artisanal quality of the bread, "natural" Asiago cheese, and applewood "smoked" bacon. As to calling it an "artisan egg sandwich", I can say only that I had no idea artisans were oviparous.

No comments:

Post a Comment