Sunday, June 14, 2020

Literary Corner: Dude Descending a Staircase

Have You Talked to Your Kids About Bathmophobia?





The Last Thing I Was Going to Do
by Donald J. Trump

The ramp that I descended 
after my West Point Commencement speech 
was very long & steep, 
had no handrail and, most 
importantly, was very slippery. 

The last thing I was going to do 
is “fall” for the Fake News to 
have fun with. Final ten feet 
I ran down to level ground. Momentum!


Bathmophobia, I'm informed by The Sun (UK), is the pathological fear of slopes and stairs, and something we've seen a lot of in our president, as when he snatched the hand of a startled Prime Minister May at the White House or outside Blenheim Palace. I'm glad to see here an indication that he's aware of his fear of falling, or at least "falling", a kind of fake fall of which the Fake News would inevitably take advantage to plant the story that the president actually does fall when he merely "falls". Obviously not a risk worth taking. 

He does not "run down" the final ten feet but rather gathers his wits after reaching level ground. Lt. Gen. Darryl Williams, Superintendent of the Military Academy, must be pretty battle-hardened, because he doesn't look scared at all, and I think I see an indication in the video that Trump would like to have grabbed his hand too, but represses the urge with manly firmness.



Gravity!

Steve M reminds us that he's had these problems for a long time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment