Saturday, August 5, 2023

For the Record: Conspiracy to Defraud the Government

 

Donald Trump silver-plated playing cards. Spades are trumps. $11.89 from eBay.

Another dumb Xversation, this time with a very self-confident lawyer:

"Read my Twitter," she replied. So I started doing that but all I could find were things to object to, like this:

(She hadn't.)

Or a digression on Rod Blagojevich, of all people:

But it mostly boiled down to two questions, whether the government can be criminally defrauded or not, which she seemed to think was impossible in this case, because nothing in the charge says Trump had cheated the government out of any money, which I think I explained pretty clearly:

And the question of whether Trump could commit fraud if he didn't know what he was saying was false, to which I think I contributed an original point

Even so, it took her a very long to before she blocked me, actually over a sort of linguistics question (Biden is selling coffee mugs as campaign merch, making a play on "Joe" meaning coffee, and she was accusing him of egomania or worse because he'd capitalized "Joe"—"Does he mean we're supposed to drink him?").

Of course without having explained why she thought I was wrong about anything. Being blocked made assembling this an extremely complex job, too, I think that's my main reason for posting it, so it's not a total loss. I know, I have to stop doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment