Monday, June 26, 2023

For the Record: Long COVID

This is just amazing, from Laura Loomer, the anti-Muslim activist, Project Veritas veteran, and frequent victim of cancel culture

from numerous social media platforms, payment processors, vehicles for hire, and food delivery mobile apps for various reasons, including violating policies on hate speech and spreading misinformation.[12][13][14][15] She has also been banned and removed from events, and had press credentials revoked, for harassment and causing disturbances.[15][16] After her 2018 ban from Twitter, she handcuffed herself to Twitter's headquarters in New York for two hours before police cut through the handcuffs at her request.[5][17][18] Loomer was also banned from the March 2019 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) after attempting to heckle reporters and chasing them through the conference.[19]

It'a not a fake—I checked:


I don't know whether she's experiencing brain fog or not—maybe in her case it's a lot harder to tell, her verbal output seems undiminished in quantity and unchanged in quality. I suppose that could be the case with a lot of conservative victims of this syndrome.

What if a large proportion of the conservative movement has long COVID? What if Ron "Pudding Fingers" DeSantis has it, and chocolate pudding is the only thing he can taste? 

Trump speechwriter Stephen Miller, too, seems to have lost a lot of zest, though I thought he probably had other reasons:

I feel I've had issues too, excessive fatigue going way back to before the vaccine existed, an unshakeable need for naps, and problems concentrating on work, and a diminished interest in food, especially in cooking, though that now seems to be getting better, inshallah, I've eaten in some lovely places, from an especially nice taco truck to a pretty fancy Georgian restaurant, and I dragged myself to the greenmarket on Sunday and made some very cool cooking plans (starting with some new peas that I'm going to cook with a little pancetta and ditalini, a pasta I've never tried to understand before). Don't think I ever lost my sense of taste or smell, so maybe it's all my fancy.

 But really, is this widespread? And particularly spread, as you'd expect, among the resolutely unvaccinated who never noticed their asymptomatic or barely symptomatic cases of COVID itself?

    Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost its savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment