Friday, September 18, 2026

Kidding on the Square

 

Trump: "Please right your right hand. I pledge to the greatest president in the history of the United States. That loves us so much he can't even breath. That I will go out with my family, my friends, I'll do it any way - I don't care if I'm registered or not, I'm going to try to cheat like hell..."

[image or embed]

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar.com) September 10, 2026 at 10:32 PM

to the tune by Irving Berlin:

Have you watched the GOP
in their solemn majesty,
dignified politicos
in their best convention clothes?
rigging the next election
how to evade detection?
Trump will do the trick
with some comedy shtik!

When Rome burns and
you're just fiddling
make a turn and
say you're kidding
they won't care
kidding on the square

When you've made an
awful gaffe go
try to trade it
for a laugh so
debonair
kidding on the square

When your lies are way too pestilential
telling them with humor is essential—
presidential!

When you're doing
something Nazi
toss it to the
paparazzi
make them stare,
kidding on the square.

[instrumental break]



When you're criming
like a fighter
comic timing
makes it tighter
if you dare
kidding on the square

when you're dragging
off our money
one good gag can
make it fun or
laisser-faire
kidding on the square.

when the people tell you they want no king
just assume they too were only joking
okey-doking

when you're down for
some misfeasance
be a clown for
all the seasons
everywhere,
kidding on the square
kidding on the square
kidding on the square...


No comments:

Post a Comment