Friday, April 21, 2023

And Fox Shall Have No Dominion


Posted a response to the settlement of Dominion vs. Fox News on the Substack Wednesday, a little bit depressed along with Steve, and forgot to notify you all here, immersed as I was in the vileness of Milo and Ali and the rest of them, but anyhow it's at the above link, and I think it's got at least half an idea that might be of interest, and to which I might return sometime. If you haven't seen it, you could have a look.

Also on the Substack, a little housekeeping info: I'm still not completely sure what I want to do with it, or exactly why, except that it has to do with the broader project of detaching myself from the Twitter, as Elmo's mismanagement gets to be more and more of a problem—in the latest, celebrating his favorite holiday of 4/20, he took away all the blue checkmarks of verification from those who were verified, while keeping it for the marks who had ponied up $8, so now they are all like the imperial cronies who purchased baronies on the cheap from Napoleon III, so that the check is now literally an indication that the possessor is nobody, like the unfortunate Mr. Turd:

Of course Mr. Turd may not want a six of Bud Light after the brewer produced an ad featuring the trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney and the wingers ran amok with grief, as exemplified by Mr. Rock in the video at top. Though the boycott is said to have foundered when the Republicans realized how much money Bud's makers give them.

But as I was saying, I don't know what I'm trying to do with the Substack, but I don't want, at least for now, to interfere with you folks getting to read it. The way I originally set it up, posts would be free to everybody for a week, after which they entered the archive and only paid subscribers could see them. I've now lengthened that period to a month, so if you got locked out of one of the earliest posts, it's now open for another couple of weeks or so. 

Eventually I may start introducing special content for paying customers only, as so many people are doing. Or I may not. But at least for now, you're family, even the really annoying ones (that just proves you're family, right?).

Bonus confrontation with old Spicey:


No comments:

Post a Comment