Saturday, March 16, 2019

For the Record: The End of Omar



Under pressure of extreme irritation from some Twitter guy I assembled a lengthier set of thoughts starting with Representative Ilhan Omar and carrying it somewhere I haven't entirely been before. It probably duplicates some stuff I've said before, especially in the earlier bits, but I'd like to keep it here for the record in this format.




I probably should have realized at this point that I wasn't going to be able to make him understand what I was talking about.



She certainly wasn't saying other Congresscritters, unlike her, are obliged to be Netanyahu's servants. I offered an example:


"No reply-ee-ay-ay." Does he mean that House Minority Leader is entitled to punish her as and when he feels the need? What consequences? But I can't get over the dishonesty of everybody looking at these words (well, I forgive Chelsea Clinton, who's under no obligation to be right about anything, but I'm more and more furious with Jonathan Chait, a very good writer who is allying himself with idiots in this matter, for what I can only regard as deliberate insensitivity to the language Omar uses).

No comments:

Post a Comment