Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Nous Sommes Tous Brett Kavanaugh

Salvador Dalí (1959), Our Lady of Guadalupe, via Cuevas.

Shorter Monsignor Ross Douthat, Apostolic Nuncio to 42nd Street, "The Meritocracy Against Itself":
When you're listening to people criticizing Brett Kavanaugh, an obnoxious entitled Catholic prep school douche with a brilliant conservative mind, you should note that many of them come from approximately the same world as he does. I'm not sure why I'm telling you this. On the other hand if you look up my Wikipedia page which I urge you not to, you'll notice I went to Hamden Hall Country Day School in Connecticut, and I'll also mention that I've criticized Kavanaugh myself (I'm afraid his apparent hatred of women might in the long run be bad for the anti-abortion cause). This does not in any sense prove that I'm an obnoxious entitled, through brilliantly conservative, Catholic prep school douche, but it does show you what a big world after all Harvard (where my many working class friends felt even more uncomfortable among the local Kavanaughs than I did) is.
You tell me what game he's playing this time, because I have no idea, unless it's just to clarify for us commoners that the whole business is nothing to be alarmed about, just the gentry having their fun. It's what you do when you're too old for lacrosse. He may have gone full avant-garde.

No comments:

Post a Comment