Friday, September 21, 2018

Literary Corner: Pinocchios for Brett




Enzo Pazzagli, Tre Pinocchi, steel and plexiglass, 1990. Via Artnet. 


The Universe of Memos; or, Three Pinocchios
By Brett Kavanaugh

No, Senator. That’s correct.
I’m not aware of the memos.
I never saw such memos that
I think you’re referring to. I mean,
I don’t know what the universe
of memos might be, but I do know that
I never received any memos and
was not aware of any such memos. So,
I just want to correct that premise
that I think was in your question.
Cited from Senate Judiciary Committee proceedings in Salvador Rizzo, "Brett Kavanaugh’s unlikely story about Democrats’ stolen documents", Washington Post, 20 September 2018. My poetic response:

If memos exist,
Then these would be
Among the memos
I did not see.

But if I saw them,
As I recall,
Those memos did not
Exist at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment