Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Whatever else they take from me, they can't take away my dignity...

Just a little respect.
...because I sold, it, for a cool quarter of a million. From Heritage's "Daily Signal":

SOCIETY COMMENTARY

Why Did CNN Think Bristol Palin Recounting Being Called a ‘F***ing C***’ Was Funny?





Oh, Katrina, do you really want to know?
About three hours after this story was published, an apology statement from Costello was published in Politico. “Over the past few days I have been roundly criticized for joking about a brawl involving the Palin family. In retrospect, I deserve such criticism and would like to apologize,” Costello said.
Or as Nikolai Krestinsky said at his trial in 1934
 In the face of world public opinion, I had not the strength to admit the truth that I had been conducting a Trotskyite struggle all along. I request the Court to register my statement that I fully and completely admit that I am guilty of all the gravest charges brought against me personally, and that I admit my complete responsibility for the treason and treachery I have committed.
I understand Carol Costello is in no danger of getting shot or of having to wait 30-odd years after her death for rehabilitation for her grave crime of having a sense of humor, but I was struck by the similarity of tone.

One of the reasons Katrina thinks Bristol Palin deserves respect is what she has done about teenage pregnancy, in addition to participating in it:
Yes, Bristol, who became pregnant as an unmarried woman at age 18, has advocated abstinence, and worked as the Candie’s Foundation’s teen pregnancy prevention ambassador. She has done numerous public appearances and media interviews on the subject. In 2009, she told “Good Morning America”: “Regardless of what I did personally, abstinence is the only … 100 percent foolproof way you can prevent pregnancy.” 
What she did for The Candie's Foundation, according to Forbes Magazine's study of their financial records:
Apparently, the organization was only able to find $35,000 to grant to charities from the $1,242,476 donated from the public. Meanwhile, the young Ms. Palin managed to pull in a $262,500 paycheck for her role as an ambassador for their teen pregnancy prevention campaign in 2009.
Well, she didn't get pregnant again, did she? I guess throwing money at a problem really works.

No comments:

Post a Comment