Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cheap shot

Image vis Midtown Miscreant.
It's easy to dump on Dennis Rodman kvelling over his new little friend Kim Jong-eun, but what the hell.
– “I hate the fact that he’s doing that [human rights violations], but the fact is that, you know what, that’s a human being, though. He let his guard down one day to me, a friend.”
"I hate it too, man," said Jong-eun confidentially. "Violating human rights is like so not what I'm about. But you got to cut me some slack. Like I'm only human myself, after all? Like people can constantly be stomping on my feelings and I'm not even supposed to say anything, or send them to labor camp, or have them shot?"

Exactly. And that's just not the man I know, the kind of guy who'd help a homie out with his $808,000 in back child support. And you wouldn't believe the shit people say about the guy:
(a) Violation of the right to food, in particular the effect of State-controlled food distribution policies on the nutritional status and health of the population and the restricted entry of international humanitarian aid to deal with the endemic food crisis;
(b) Torture and other cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment or punishment, including inhuman conditions of detention;
(c) Arbitrary detention, as a form of persecution and the criminalization of any behaviour deemed threatening or contrary to the official ideology of the Government, the lack of rule of law and the absence of due process or an independent judiciary;
(d) Violations of human rights associated with prison camps;
(e) Discrimination and the disproportionate or specific effect of human rights violations on vulnerable groups, in particular women, children, people living with disabilities and returnees. Of particular concern is the fact that society is divided into three distinct groups classified according to their political allegiance to the Government. A person‟s place in this hierarchy determines the level of access that he or she will have to basic human rights, including access to food, health, education and freedom of movement;
(f) Extensive violation of freedom of expression and other related freedoms;
(g) Violation of the right to life, in particular the abusive application of the death penalty and the use of public executions;
(h) Restrictions on freedom of movement and abusive treatment of citizens forcibly returned;
(i) Enforced disappearances, including in the form of abductions of foreign nationals.
This is a little guy who just loves basketball more than anything else, people. And you know how old he is? I'm like who do you know who wasn't in trouble once in a while when he was a kid? You know what I was up to when I was his age? I'll tell you, I was pimping sneakers.
– “It’s a different story because guess what, the kid is only 28 years old, 28. He’s not his dad, not his grandpa. He’s 28 years old.”
– “It’s just like we do over here in America, right? It’s amazing that we have presidents over here do the same thing, right? It’s amazing that Bill Clinton could do one thing and have sex with his secretary and really get away with it and still be powerful.
And I was like shut up because I never even heard that one before. You mean like Albright? Eww! Politicians, they're all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment